Mind blowing facts you should know about Infrared Radiation
1. Cuddling couples act as transmitters and receivers of Far Infrared waves. By being close together, you are sending and receiving vibrations and radiations of IR. (It’s not only humans that can take advantage of this – penguins do too!)
2. Almost-half of the energy which reaches the Earth from the Sun comes in the form of Infrared light.
3.Firefighters use Infrared cameras to locate people in a fire or to detect the hot spots in forest fires.
4. 30-minutes in an Infrared sauna can result in burning hundred of calories and aid you in losing 500 grams of sweat in one session!
5. The first ovens were Infrared! They were made of an Infrared-emitting burner that warmed food from its molecules. However, they decreased in popularity as they produced hot air which dried food up.
6. We may not be able to see Infrared light but, snakes – such as rattlesnakes – have sensory ‘pits’ which are used to see it and detect warm-blooded animals.
7. Infrared light can travel through thick smoke, dust, fog and even some materials
8. Infrared waves are given off by stars, galaxies, lamps and flames. Basically, all natural forms of heat are Infrared
That’s it 8 Mind blowing facts about Infrared Radiation
Read more here